WHY? THE PROBLEM
- The World’s population is around 7.1 billion people
- 2.95 billion, or around 41% of the world lives in unreached people groups
- 4.57 billion people live in the 10/40 Window, a part of the world stretching across North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- There are 6,400 unreached people groups in the 10/40 Window.
- 90% of the world’s poorest live here.
- 95% of the unevangelized live here.
- The top 50 least evangelized megacities are in this part of the world.
- 1.6 plus billion people have never heard the gospel even once here.
- 43 of the 50 worst countries for persecution are in the Window.
- 38 of 47 terrorist groups are here.
- Human Trafficking – 27 million slaves worldwide. Huge in the 10/40 Window.
- 86% of all Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists still do not personally know a Christian.
But only 5 cents of every $100 given for missions goes to the 10/40 Window. That is .0005% of global missions giving targeted to reach 60% of the world’s population.
Christians receive 52.6% of the global income, but spend only .01% on the unreached world.